Family

The Love of a Family is Lifes Greatest Blessing

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Our Little Princess

Well I am sure alot of you have heard the bad news about Addie. Those of you who haven't this is what happened. Last Mon she went with her dad roping, jade had her riding by herself but was helping her learn how to lead he was right by her side. The horse got spooked and ran off with Addie. Jade thinks she tried to pull him back to stop and when she did that she flipped herself forward and fell off. Hitting her head really hard and she was unconscious, jade had to give her CPR thank goodness he has had lots of training to know what to do. They called 911 and they came right away, but shortly decided to life flight her to Primary Childrens. When we got there they did x-rays and ct scans and found no broken bones but a skull fracture and a little bleeding. I would have rather had her break an arm and a leg then go through this. It would have been hard but not this hard.
She has come a long way since that day she was pretty much out of it for a few days but was breathing on her own the next day. She did have a chest tube to help her alittle. But that was taken out on wed. On friday she opened her eyes and recognized us when we would say where is mom or dad. On sat I went and got her a DORA movie and she reached up to grab it that was huge the most she had moved since she has been there. She is awake alot more throughout the day and she has 3 kinds of therapy a day. To help her walk, talk, and do everyday things like getting dressed and she does those 3 times a day. Yesterday she was able to sit on her own, but not for to long but that was good to see her getting stronger. She still isn't talking but we are hopeful it won't be to much longer. One of the hardest hing for me to see is her just lay there with no emotion in her face, that is very normal and is one of the last things to come back.


Jade and I are doing well it has been very hard, but with all the love and support from family and friends we are going to make it through this rough time. Thanks for all your prayers.

Jade would not leave her side for the first few daysKy worries about her everyday.

She is doing well enough that we take her for rides in the wheelchair, Ky couldn't wait to do that.


Therapy went good she put the ball in all by herself. Great progress.And sat on her own.


I was able to put her own Pj's on her so it was good to see her in her own clothes. She is just resting from along day.

10 comments:

  1. Amanda it is so much harder than i imagined to see those pics but i cant wait until fri to see her and tell her i love her for myself evan though i think it will be so hard we love you guys and are so sorry

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am in tears. My heart is with you. I can't even imagine what you are feeling, or going through. Stay strong!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amanda,

    I am so sorry! What an awful thing to have to go through. I have been sick since I heard about it. I have been praying for you guys and will continue to do so. Good luck with everything. I am thinking of you and am glad to hear an update.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amanda, WE have thought so much about Addie and your family I ask Jackie like 2 times a day hoping she will be better!!! When she told me about it I never stoped thinking about it, When she told me about dora I just cried I just can't imagine what you guys are going through!! I am typing this my eyes are all teared up and a huge knot in my throat! I think of you guys everyday! I hope Addie gets better soon and if you need anything us Larsen's are here for your family!! GOOD LUCK :) She looks like she is doing progressing good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I too am in tears, I'm so sorry about everything and hope recovery comes fast! Daxtyn can't stop looking at Addies pictures he keeps asking to see her. We are praying for you and thinking of you always!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so sorry to hear about little addie. That is every parents fear, for someting to happen to their babies. i hope everything goes well and she recover quickly are prayers are with you guys. Stay strong.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That breaks my heart, it brings tears to my eyes just looking at your precious little girl in those pictures. You and your family are in my prayers. I wish you the best of luck.
    Love ya, Kristi

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amanda,
    I am so sorry to hear about Addie. We will be praying for her. If you need anything please let me know!
    Emily

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amanda,
    i dont' know if you remember me we use to work at sandi's together, anyhow I heard about your little girl and just haven't been able to get her out of my thoughts. My little girl is addie too, can't imagine something like that happening to her - what a horrible thing to go through - your in our prayers.
    dan, emily, addison & taylee barclay

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so sorry about Addie! Do you need anything? That is so heartwrenching. I cried through your whole post! She is such a strong little girl! My prayers are with you and your family! Please call, I will do anything that you need!

    ReplyDelete